There is a 1 year warranty on all electrical kit, components and batteries. If product is deemed faulty, the customer will need to send the item(s) in question back to California Ebike, LLC or one of the factory repair centers as designated by California Ebike, LLC. In the case of battery return, the customer will need to ship the battery in the original container that has the Hazardous material label affixed to one side.
The customer will need to arrange for and pay return shipping. Cost for return shipping back to the customer will be payed by California Ebike, LLC.
Not covered under this warranty:
- Damage, failure and/or loss caused by refitting, neglect, improper maintenance, accident, misuse, abuse or use for competition or commercial purpose;
- Damage, failure and/or loss due to shipping;
- Damage, failure and/or loss caused by improper installation, adjustment or repairing.
- Damage, failure and/or loss caused by unauthorized service or installation；
- Damage, failure or loss caused by normal wear and tear.
Who’s Responsible for Bafang Warranty?
As a global supplier from China, Bafang considers the products we sell as DIY (do-it-yourself) components. They therefore have decided NOT to provide any warranty support for their products. With this in mind, California Ebike, LLC decided to provide a warranty for manufacturing defects and if California Ebike, LLC performs the installation as well, to extend the warranty for the installation. If the installation is performed by another dealer or by the end user, California Ebike, LLC will only consider warranty issues of manufacturing defects. In most cases, dealers provide the warranty for their installations.