Terms and Conditions
There is a 90 Day warranty on electrical and mechanical components and batteries, except for controllers (no warranty). If the product is deemed faulty, the customer will need to send the item(s) in question back to California Ebike, LLC, or one of the factory repair centers as designated by California Ebike, LLC. In the case of battery return, the customer will need to ship the battery in the original container that has the Hazardous material label affixed to one side. The customer will need to arrange for and pay return shipping. The cost for the return shipping back to the customer will be paid by California Ebike, LLC.
Not covered under this warranty:
- Damage, failure, and/or loss caused by refitting, neglect, improper maintenance, accident, misuse, abuse or use for competition or commercial purpose;
- Damage, failure, and/or loss due to shipping;
- Damage, failure, and/or loss caused by improper installation, adjustment or repairing.
- Damage, failure and/or loss caused by unauthorized service or installation;
- Damage, failure or loss caused by normal wear and tear.
Who’s Responsible for Bafang Warranty?
As a global supplier from China, Bafang considers the products we sell as DIY (do-it-yourself) components. They, therefore, have decided NOT to provide any warranty support for their products. With this in mind, California Ebike, LLC decided to provide a warranty for manufacturing defects, and if California Ebike, LLC performs the installation as well, to extend the warranty for the installation. If the installation is performed by another dealer or by the end-user, California Ebike, LLC will only consider warranty issues of manufacturing defects. In most cases, dealers provide the warranty for their installations.
Any products found to be defective according to the terms of the Warranty can be returned for a full refund.
Returns and order cancellations not covered by the warranty will have a transaction fee deducted from the refund. This fee is applied because we are not reimbursed for these fees when issuing refunds.
- Orders paid with credit card will have a 3% transaction fee deducted from the refund
- Orders paid via by PayPal will have a 3.5% transaction fee deducted from the refund
- Order paid via ACH (bank transfer) will have a 1% transaction fee (up to a maximum of $10) deducted from the refund
If you wish to return an order for a reason unrelated to warranty claim, such as ordered the wrong product or you changed your mind, the following rules will apply:
- Customers must pay for return shipping.
- Only the cost of the product will be refunded; original shipping fees will not be refunded.
- Batteries and controllers may not be returned.
- Returns must be made within 30 days of purchase.
- Returns must be in unused condition in original packaging, with no marks from mounting or installation.
- There will be no restocking fee on a customer's first return. After the first return, a 10% restocking fee (up to a maximum of $20) will be imposed on returns.